Cassie vs mom

I've been trying to talk to Cassie about the value of money because i think that's one subject that has been left 'unspoken' within the school. I also think that it's important she understand the subject so that she can do sound money judgment as young as possible.

She asked me to buy her some toys the other day and then i take the chance again to talk about money. I told her the usual thing like you gotta study hard, so that when you grow up and you can earn money and etc and etc. You know, the usual thing your mom told you. I know, this story that we've been hearing has a lot of gray areas. So and so, don't have to study hard but still can earn a lot of money.... some one study so hard but got no money. yes and yes, i understand that. But for a 5 years old, i think it's important we keep the story as simple as it is and leave the gray area when she's older.

anyhow, after she hear my pitch, then she said : "OOOooo, i understand already" i'm so happy when she said that. Then, she said : " Mom, you're not clever and not hard working when you're young and thus you don't have money now ! "

she's rite, again !

yikes, i knew this sentence is bound to come out from her and all along i think it will be something i can answer when she's like 10. but no, bo-ho, my lil chic answer me with this silver-bullet answer when she's just 5. OK OK ... here goes the gray area explanations ... :)

0 comments: