Barbie As The Island Princess


My mother has introduced this disc (Barbie As the island pricess in you-tube) to Cass. I wasn't aware that she bought the dvd and was surprised to see it. My mom had told me before that it is her role as grandma to pamper Cass and it's my role to discipline her. Ar .. i'm the bad cop here.

I was sceptical and don't want Cass to watch the movie ever. So, without making a big fuss, i shove the disc into the drawer and don't want to mentioned it again (don't want to encourage her too much). After 1 week, nothing happen, i thought she forgotten about it. However, 2 weeks later, she start humming the theme song and dance on her own !! I'm so surprise, does this mean she remembered ? and it took her 2 weeks to process and burst out the song and dance ??

It is inevitable after all i guess. All little gals loved princesses. My boss's 4 yrs old daughter dressed up as a sleeping beauty, my collegue's 5 year old daughter (who is from India) dressed up as mermaid princess, G's best friend's 4 year old daughter absolutely love the mermaid, my cousin's 3 year old daughter have EVERYTHING princess (including the book, bedsheets, shoes and etc). This princess thing is borderless !!

Cass is very sensitive about the whole show. When the princess is happy, she will be enjoying the movie (like melted in it), when the princess is in danger, she will run to me and say that she's scared. I think she somehow see herself in the movie and emphatise the princess danger. what's this magic about princess ? is it the same magic as Harry potter ? and star-wars for boys ? i wonder or is it just the wonder of imagination ? i wonder again ...


0 comments: